Re: dealing with states of drowsiness, FC12, netbook

Once upon a time, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 15:22 +0200, Chris Rouch wrote:
> > On my hp laptop, pressing the power button once will cause it to wake
> > up again. On my old asus laptop (running f11 i think) this didn't work
> > properly, though it would try to resume.
>
> On my Asus laptop, pressing any key would wake up from a suspend to RAM,
> as the computer isn't completely shut down in that mode.

That depends.  My Lenovo Thinkpad wakes up from suspend if you open the
lid or (if you suspended with the lid open) when you hit the power
button.  The keyboard doesn't wake it up.

On my desktop at home (with a USB keyboard), I have configured the BIOS
to wake on USB, and I have to change /proc/acpi/wakeup for Linux to
leave USB in a state where it can be used to wake up the system (don't
know if there is a defined way to do this automatically; I just do it in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>