Re: dealing with states of drowsiness, FC12, netbook

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 15:22 +0200, Chris Rouch wrote:
> On my hp laptop, pressing the power button once will cause it to wake
> up again. On my old asus laptop (running f11 i think) this didn't work
> properly, though it would try to resume.

On my Asus laptop, pressing any key would wake up from a suspend to RAM,
as the computer isn't completely shut down in that mode.  If you had to
press the power button, then there's some problem with hibernating on
that computer.  Suspend to disc would require pressing the power button
to resume, as the computer is actually turned off in that suspension
mode.

I needed the closed-source RPM Fusion packaged NVidia drivers for
resuming to work.  I can't remember if that was just for suspend to ram,
or for suspend to disc, as well.  I don't want to remove it just to
test, now.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686