Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:41:51 -0400
From: Tom Horsley <horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Root with GUI
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:42:46 +0800
Ed Greshko wrote:

> At some point, they'd logout and later, next
> day...after lunch, login as themselves and now have all sorts of
> troubles they didn't have before.

"It is possible for idiots to screw up", is not the same as
an actual case history of some exploit hitting someone
only because they were running a GUI app as root. I'm still
waiting for the pointer to those case histories :-).

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator
Aldon Computer Group

(510) 285-8542 | hughc@xxxxxxxxx