Re: dealing with states of drowsiness, FC12, netbook

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 13:16 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> On my desktop at home (with a USB keyboard), I have configured the
> BIOS to wake on USB

On some computers, some of the ports are powered off when
suspended/hibernated/shutdown, while others are not.  It may be hard
configured, BIOS configured, or have jumpers on the board.  I had one
board that you changed jumpers around to determine which ports stayed
alive, when the computer was dormant.  There were jumpers for the USB
ports, and one or two others (ethernet, and PS/2).

Without that configuration, the peripheral was dead when the computer
was dormant, so it wouldn't be possible to wake it up through the
peripheral (whatever it was, keyboard, mouse, something else...).

Just another thing for people to check for when diagnosing resuming.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.