Re: Sorbet on Fedora's future

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually, the OP did not strike me as a weenie,
but rather as a sort of misguided geek.

In my life, a few people tagged me as a geek but, believe me, they were badly misguided.
And misguided I might be too, but I would appreciate if somebody told me where my reasoning is wrong.

When I say that open source's landscape has changed a lot in the last year or so, do you disagree? Though there will always remain people developing for free because they believe in a project, don't you think that the trend is going towards more paid developers for the desktop?

If I began filling all the reports that everybody here pretends they've never seen, would this be enough to improve the situation, mainly that most of the said bugs can't possibly have possibly escaped developers' screening?

 If you could take a few minutes and quote, out of my posts, one or two paragraphs that you find fundamentally wrong, I would be very interested to hear from you.

Nobody, and certainly not an outsider like me, can pretend possessing all the solutions for open source today. So, we must try to talk together while taking a look ahead.

Open source in the future won't be like open source in the past. We have to deal with the new situation.