Re: Sorbet on Fedora's future

Marcel Rieux wrote:

>>  Actually, the OP did not strike me as a weenie,
>> but rather as a sort of misguided geek.
>
> In my life, a few people tagged me as a geek but, believe me, they were
> badly misguided.
> And misguided I might be too, but I would appreciate if somebody told me
> where my reasoning is wrong.

I'm tempted to respond with the physicists' "Not even wrong".

I simply did not understand what bugs you were referring to.
The first, about the BIOS, did not seem to have anything to do with Linux.
Are you saying that if you run Linux, and then re-boot, and enter the BIOS,
it is changed in some way?

> When I say that open source's landscape has changed a lot in the last year
> or so, do you disagree?

I'm probably not very observant, or sensitive;
I haven't noticed any change at all, big or little.

> Though there will always remain people developing
> for free because they believe in a project, don't you think that the trend
> is going towards more paid developers for the desktop?

As I am afraid is often the case, I'm not sure what you mean.
Are you saying that more Linux (or Fedora?) developers
are working for HP, Intel, etc, than used to be the case?

The answer, as far as I am concerned, is that I have no idea,
but in any case it would not worry me in the slightest if it were true.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net