Re: nss update problem ?!?

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 05:48 -0500, William Case wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 23:19 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> > > One thread with 5 responses does not make "many times already"
> > > particularly when the nss problem is buried in a long list of upgrade
> > > messages.
> > >
> > > There was nothing about my original message that required sarcasm.
> > ----
> > agreed and there wasn't a single bit of sarcasm in my reply. It was
> > genuine.
> >
> > Just for the record... there were at least 3 separate threads today on
> > this very subject (and one of their threads is also 5 messages)...
> > Their 'subjects' were:
> > yum depsolving problem: cause? solution?
> > Dependencies problem while upgrading
> > yum update failures
> >
> > So the actual count was 18 messages on this very subject already today
> > before you asked.
> >
> > Yours is the fourth which basically means that you didn't bother to read
> > the list mail (your prerogative), didn't bother checking the list for
> > what was very recent discussion before asking (indicative of someone who
> > is prone not to actually spend any time researching).
> >
> > had you actually bothered to just Google the 3 words in your subject,
> > 'nss update problem' and added fedora, you would have seen today's
> > discussion on the first page and in fact, I notice now, yours is now on
> > the first page of this specific Google search.
> >
> > Do you want to keep discussing this?
> >
> You apparently do.
>
> Your assumptions are wrong.
> Your count is wrong.
>
> And, in case you might wish to use the word 'sarcasm' in the future, it
> means a keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered  with
> some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a  cutting jest.
> There is no implication of genuineness in its usage.
>
> You know Craig, there is a general guideline for mail lists.  If posted
> subjects don't interest you or they offend you, just move on.
----
My assumptions?

Seems to me that I am not the one who ASSUMED sarcasm in my first reply
but not only are you assuming it, you have gone so far as to give me a
classical definition of the word sarcasm because YOU ASSUMED that I had
a keen, reproachful expression, some scorn or contempt.

You asked what to do, I told you specifically to "read today's e-mails
because it had been discussed many times already."

Then you wanted to suggest that only one thread and the topic was
buried. When I pointed out that it was actually three separate threads
and clearly very easy to find on Google - the first page of results
using the same 3 key words from your subject.

Now if you want to pick on me if my count is wrong I'm ok with that but
please don't toss the list guidelines in my face after you have just
ignored the very first paragraph in the list guidelines...

*** http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ***
Before Posting to the List
There are a number of ways you can find help within your system. If you
don't find the answer there, try to look into the list archives before
posting a question. This is a high volume list and chances are that
someone has already had the same problem you are now trying to fix. See
Useful Resources below for a list of places to try. Refer to this
presentation on mail etiquette that you should follow.
***

Unfortunately, there isn't any 'no sniveling' clause in the list
guidelines. Yes, my follow up e-mails on this topic do have some scorn
and contempt because you seemingly couldn't appreciate that I gave you
the answer you needed and had to embark on a self-serving crusade to
save face rather than just admit that you didn't bother looking before
posting to the list. If you want to ASSUME that this is sarcasm, fine. I
consider it to be a genuine statement of my feelings on the matter.

Craig

believed to be clean.