Re: nss update problem ?!?

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 00:19 -0500, William Case wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 21:17 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 23:03 -0500, William Case wrote:
> > > Hi;
>
> > > Do I just wait for repairs? Or, do I report this as a bug?
> > ----
> > or you could read the e-mails today because this has been discussed many
> > times already.
>
> One thread with 5 responses does not make "many times already"
> particularly when the nss problem is buried in a long list of upgrade
> messages.
>
> There was nothing about my original message that required sarcasm.
----
agreed and there wasn't a single bit of sarcasm in my reply. It was
genuine.

Just for the record... there were at least 3 separate threads today on
this very subject (and one of their threads is also 5 messages)...
Their 'subjects' were:
yum depsolving problem: cause? solution?
Dependencies problem while upgrading
yum update failures

So the actual count was 18 messages on this very subject already today
before you asked.

Yours is the fourth which basically means that you didn't bother to read
the list mail (your prerogative), didn't bother checking the list for
what was very recent discussion before asking (indicative of someone who
is prone not to actually spend any time researching).

had you actually bothered to just Google the 3 words in your subject,
'nss update problem' and added fedora, you would have seen today's
discussion on the first page and in fact, I notice now, yours is now on
the first page of this specific Google search.

Do you want to keep discussing this?

Craig

believed to be clean.