Re: nss update problem ?!?

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 23:19 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 00:19 -0500, William Case wrote:

> > > ----
> > > or you could read the e-mails today because this has been discussed many
> > > times already.
> >
> > One thread with 5 responses does not make "many times already"
> > particularly when the nss problem is buried in a long list of upgrade
> > messages.
> >
> > There was nothing about my original message that required sarcasm.
> ----
> agreed and there wasn't a single bit of sarcasm in my reply. It was
> genuine.
>
> Just for the record... there were at least 3 separate threads today on
> this very subject (and one of their threads is also 5 messages)...
> Their 'subjects' were:
> yum depsolving problem: cause? solution?
> Dependencies problem while upgrading
> yum update failures
>
> So the actual count was 18 messages on this very subject already today
> before you asked.
>
> Yours is the fourth which basically means that you didn't bother to read
> the list mail (your prerogative), didn't bother checking the list for
> what was very recent discussion before asking (indicative of someone who
> is prone not to actually spend any time researching).
>
> had you actually bothered to just Google the 3 words in your subject,
> 'nss update problem' and added fedora, you would have seen today's
> discussion on the first page and in fact, I notice now, yours is now on
> the first page of this specific Google search.
>
> Do you want to keep discussing this?

You apparently do.

Your assumptions are wrong.
Your count is wrong.

And, in case you might wish to use the word 'sarcasm' in the future, it
means a keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered  with
some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a  cutting jest.
There is no implication of genuineness in its usage.

You know Craig, there is a general guideline for mail lists.  If posted
subjects don't interest you or they offend you, just move on.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28