Re: partition customization ....how do I ???

Mikkel wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 11:45 PM, Mike McCarty wrote:
>> I would use the rescue CD-ROM since it doesn't automatically start
>> an installer, that's why. Almost any LiveCD will do, and the Fedora
>> one would do fine. The install CD-ROM wants to start installing,
>> and so I don't like that.
>>
> My experience has been a bit different then yours - the install
> CD/DVD offers me the option to boot in the rescue mode, as well as a
> couple of install options. It does not automatically start an installer.

In that case, that would be fine, too. The issue is just not to
run any installer until after the disc looks the way I want it.

I want to issue commands to the disc to do certain things, and
I want as little software between me and the hardware to accomplish
those things. All that's necessary (and desirable) is to have
a root level prompt and a few tools, like fdisk, fsck, and mkfs.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.