Re: Problems with yum update (iptstate)

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 22:40:46 Kam Leo wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Rahul Sundaram
>
> <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 11/12/2009 03:12 AM, Kam Leo wrote:
> >>>
> >> Those of you who object to HTML formatted messages can help this list.
> >> You can a) add a filter and delete them from your mailbox or b) not
> >> reply,  Doing both would be a "good thing".
> >
> > .. or everybody can just follow the guidelines

> >ail.2C_Please
> >
> > Rahul
>
> That's asking a lot from users who only have a GUI based computing
> experience. Many don't have a clue as to what HTML is.

Ignorance is not an excuse. Those users should be warned and politely pointed
to documentation so they can learn.

The fact that you might not be familiar with traffic rules does not mean you are
allowed to go through a red light. And it is a Very Good Thing if someone
tells you that you need to learn the rules and adjust your behavior.

Posting in HTML on this list is not a life threatening thing, however, and so
we don't have strict rules or laws, but only guidelines. Nevertheless,
everyone should familiarize with them, it is good social behavior.

Best, :-)
Marko