Re: kickstart with iscsi

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 17:55 -0700, Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 02:55:11PM -0800, jonr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Hello List,
> >
> > I have been trying to find an example of a working kickstart using iscsi
> > disks as the install disks but cannot find one. Every iteration of using
> > iscsi in my ks file has failed miserably this far.
> >
> > Can someone point me in the right direction, preferably a good doc that
> > has this information in it already?
> >
> > Thank you for any advicoe,
> >

> Does your kernel boot... can you get to a console and explore?
>
> Do you know that there is an iscsi driver in the active kernel you are
> installing with.   Are you using host names or IP addresses, routers, netmask...
> dhcp,
>
> Is the iscsi device a linux system or 'other'.
>
> Can you boot with a CD/DVD with the askmethod flag and make any progress?
> Some of the host name, IP address, generic network issues can be tested
> and if needed solved with a web server (http) or NFS method.   NFS could
> 'look' a lot like iscsi in terms of path names etc....

Thanks for the reply Tom, I am not having network issues. I just don't
know what the config line is for specifying the install to use iscsi
disks. Also, at what point should it be in the kickstart file? Are there
any other options that need to be changed to make this work? This is the
disk portion of the file:

Does the iscsi stanza come before or after the zerombr option? Is this
the right way to use an iscsi device inside of the kickstart file?

iscsi --ipaddr=192.168.4.20 --target
iqn.2009-09.com.mydomain:storage.lun1 --port 3260

zerombr
clearpart --all --drives=xvda --initlabel
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size=128
part pv.00 --grow --size=1
volgroup hostvg pv.00
logvol / --fstype xfs --name=lvroot --vgname=hostvg --size=1024
logvol /home --fstype xfs --name=lvhome --vgname=hostvg --size=1024
logvol /tmp --fstype xfs --name=lvtmp --vgname=hostvg --size=1024
logvol /usr --fstype xfs --name=lvusr --vgname=hostvg --size=4192
logvol /var --fstype xfs --name=lvvar --vgname=hostvg --size=1024
logvol swap --name=lvswap --vgname=hostvg --grow --size=560
--maxsize=1120

I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong. I can mount the iscsi disks
without a problem by using the iscsiadm command and mount and r/w to the
device. So I know that it is accessible and permissions are right along
with firewall.

Thanks for any help,

Jon