Re: Question for dual users?

  -----  Följande är ett automatiskt svar
  -----  på ditt meddelande till anpa0508@xxxxxxxxx

--- Begin Message ---
On Sunday 18 October 2009, Tim wrote:
>On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 17:44 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Can I assume that an .mp4 I've put in a cd using the current k3b, and
>> which totem plays well on this F10 box, can be viewed by a windows
>> user still on xp?
>
>If they can watch MP4 files already, then yes.

Well, not being a windows user, and figuring that it it wasn't wmv or flv,
the approved windows codecs according to the muttering on the street, I have
no idea if windows even knows what an .mp4 is.

>This question sounds awfully like, "Doctor, will I be able to play the
>piano after this operation?"  And the doctor asks, "Could you play it
>before?"

Just barely.  I took lessons at mothers insistence when I was in the 2-3-4th
grades.  I can read music well enough to pick out the melody, but that's
about it.  My wife, an elementary school level music teacher, now retired for
several years, thinks that is amazing.  Shrug.  :-)

>Kind regards,
>Tim.
>

>You'll have forgotten to put the backshell on if and when all the wires
>solder onto the plug easily...

Only a tech could come up with that, and I'm a C.E.T.  I don't think, in 60
years of it, that I have managed a year without doing exactly that.
Maddening...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Inara: "Mal! If you're being a gentleman, I may die of shock."
				--Episode #2, "The Train Job"