Re: kickstart with iscsi

  -----  Följande är ett automatiskt svar
  -----  på ditt meddelande till anpa0508@xxxxxxxxx

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 02:55:11PM -0800, jonr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I have been trying to find an example of a working kickstart using iscsi
> disks as the install disks but cannot find one. Every iteration of using
> iscsi in my ks file has failed miserably this far.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction, preferably a good doc that
> has this information in it already?
>
> Thank you for any advicoe,

Does your kernel boot... can you get to a console and explore?

Do you know that there is an iscsi driver in the active kernel you are
installing with.   Are you using host names or IP addresses, routers, netmask...
dhcp,

Is the iscsi device a linux system or 'other'.

Can you boot with a CD/DVD with the askmethod flag and make any progress?
Some of the host name, IP address, generic network issues can be tested
and if needed solved with a web server (http) or NFS method.   NFS could
'look' a lot like iscsi in terms of path names etc....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?