Re: libflashplayer downloaded to memory?

> gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>>  You can also check
>>> "Edit-->Preferences" and look in "Main" to see where FF will store
downloaded files.  I like to tell FF to "Ask" but some like the
default
>>> settings.
>> The default is Download. I had checked it and
>> libflashplayer.whatever.tar.gz is not there. As I said, even locate
doesn't find it.
> Do you know that locate uses a database

Yes. I updatedb.

> You can see this if you go to your home
> directory and "touch sdeaadee" and then do "locate sdeaadee".   It will
find the file after you run "updatedb".

It sure works.

> updatedb is normally only run
> once per day.  The job is located in /etc/cron.daily as mlocate.cron

...which explains why I sometimes found files I didn't expect to find.

May I suggest that you try it and tell me where your tar.gz file ends.

Go to:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Select Linux,

Select tar.gz

The button says: Agree and install now, but I doubt that a tar.gz file is
installed automatically, mainly that my libflashplayer.so file in
~/.mozilla/plugins was installed in August and has the same number of
bytes as the 64 bit version. (At http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/, you
get the 32 bit version.)

I also have:

/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so

which were installed in August. I had installed libflashplayer.so there
"Just in case" but I wonder where nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so comes
from.