Re: libflashplayer downloaded to memory?

Ed Greshko wrote:
> gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I was trying to view this video at the CBC:
>>
>> http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/the_fifth_estate/ID=1278736498
>>

> FWIW, when I click on this link it brings up a page with a video section
> whose title seems to be: "Riding on Risk".  It is blank and I get a
> voice over saying: "This content is currently unavailable".
>
> I didn't check any other video on this site....
>
>> and, as you can see, I suppose, it doesn't work. None of the videos in the
>> video section at the CBC works. As this is Flash, I was surprized and I
>> wanted to check if a new version of Flash hadn't come out.
>>
>> I went to Adobe's site and downloaded the tar.gz . I then couldn't find it
>> on my system, so I restarted the download just to get the "Downloads"
>> window back (any other way to do this?), clicked on the file and got
>> libflashplayer.so.tar as in installed in / , with
>> install_flash_player_10linux.tar-2.gz in the title bar.
>>
>> Of course, there's no libflashplayer* nor install_flash* in / . I did an
>> updatedb and both files are nowhere to be found.
>>
>> Is it possible that those files were downloaded to memory and will
>> disappear on the next reboot? How safe are those unsigned downloads from
>> Adobe?
>>
>> I then downloaded the rpm and saw that those files are only the 32 bit
>> version. The 64 bit version that I had installed is at
>> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html and it hasn't changed
>> since last July.

Forgot to mention....  You didn't specify your browser...  However, in
FF you simply go to "Tools-->Downloads" to bring up the download
window.  Ctrl+Shift+Y is the shortcut.  You can also check
"Edit-->Preferences" and look in "Main" to see where FF will store
downloaded files.  I like to tell FF to "Ask" but some like the default
settings.

--
What do you despise? By this are you truly known.

  -- from "Manual of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan