libflashplayer downloaded to memory?

I was trying to view this video at the CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/the_fifth_estate/ID=1278736498

and, as you can see, I suppose, it doesn't work. None of the videos in the
video section at the CBC works. As this is Flash, I was surprized and I
wanted to check if a new version of Flash hadn't come out.

I went to Adobe's site and downloaded the tar.gz . I then couldn't find it
on my system, so I restarted the download just to get the "Downloads"
window back (any other way to do this?), clicked on the file and got
libflashplayer.so.tar as in installed in / , with
install_flash_player_10linux.tar-2.gz in the title bar.

Of course, there's no libflashplayer* nor install_flash* in / . I did an
updatedb and both files are nowhere to be found.

Is it possible that those files were downloaded to memory and will
disappear on the next reboot? How safe are those unsigned downloads from
Adobe?

I then downloaded the rpm and saw that those files are only the 32 bit
version. The 64 bit version that I had installed is at
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html and it hasn't changed
since last July.