Re: Problem in reboot for preupgrade F9 -> F10

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 14:36 +0200, Ambrogio wrote:
> Hi all
> I run the preupgrade software from F9 to F10.
>
> After the reboot I obtain a window in which I have an anaconda 11.4.1.62
> exception report.
> I cant write the report because it was not able to write to disk.
>
> In the text terminal I can read:
>
> rpmdb: Program version 4.5 doesn't match environment version 0.128
> error: db4 error(-30972) from dbenv->open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: database
> environment version mismatch
> error: cannot open Packages index using db3
> error: cannot open Packages database in /mnt/sysimage/var/lib/rpm
>
> I tried to rebuild the rpm db as seen in some google search removing the
> __db.* and then rebuild them with rpm --rebuilddb, but all that was done
> by fedora 9.
>
> I think I should use rpm from fedora 10 to have the right db, but I
> can't imagine how to pause the installer.
>
> Another chance could be to start the installer without the __db*, but I
> don't know if rpm rebuild the database before to start the upgrade
> process.
>
> Can someone point me to the right solution?
----
if I recall correctly, you had to update yum in Fedora 9 because a
change was made during the lifetime of Fedora 9 and Fedora 10 used the
newer version of the RPM database. If you can reboot into Fedora 9
instead and run (as root), 'yum update yum', this would probably fix it.

Again, I am going from memory here...it's been a while.

Craig

believed to be clean.