Re: How Fedora chose me

> I was not counting packages in getdeb or ppa, I simply prefere not use
> them, if I don't know the sources...

I didn't imply that you counted them. I meant that packages in universe
are generally not updated to the latest upstream versions, which in and
of itself is fine as long as they're maintained and patched, like in
Debian. Then again, not all of them are and in that case you get the
worst of both worlds.

> I have a standard debian installation with all the official +
> debian-multimedia turned on, it should be like having a
> fedora+rpmfusion configuration.

I thought you were comparing Fedora repos to Ubuntu repos, not Debian.

> About your comment for ubuntu universe packages I wonder what kind of
> problems have you had... packages starts and works, they're not
> supported.

As I said, in my experience, many of the universe apps that are not very
popular crashed on startup, especially biology, chemistry and astronomy
software. Some had broken depenencies, others didn't remove cleanly,
etc.