Re: How Fedora chose me

On 09/15/2009 04:43 PM, davide wrote:

> I just wonder why repositories offers "so few" with respect "the other distro".
> I mean, last time I checked there was a 10k+ packages difference.
> I suppose a big part is very specific software not so popular, but
> still the difference is impressive.
>
> Is there a plan to "populate" repos

Packages in Fedora are maintained in a voluntary basis. Every new
package has to go through a review process for sanity checks. If you are
interested, you can join by either packaging up the software you are
missing out or reviewing dozens and dozens of packages which are waiting
on that.

Note however that a direct comparison of number of packages is tricky
because packages are split up differently between distributions.

Rahul