Re: Pulseaudio config problem.

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> On 27/08/09 02:25, stan wrote:
>> Problem solved.
>>

> Not really. But thanks a lot for your help. You and Mikkel have given me the
> insight needed to understand what PulseAudio and Alsa is all about.
>
> I've seen that PA will only connect to card 0 which is the mobo audio chip.
> When I plug the speakers to that card I have sound through PA all right. The
> downside of it is that it is not what I want because the sound is much
> better through CS46xx (card 1).
>
> I have not yet switched from F10 to F11 and won't do that until I can get
> sound from CS46xx. Incidentally on F10 I can only get sound from CS46xx and
> only through Alsa :-)

You should be able to change the order of the cards. In F10 it is
system-config-soundcard under the settings tab. I am not sure what
it is in F11. I have not tested it, but I think you can also create
a file in /etc/modprobe.d with the aliases for the sound card as
long as they use different drivers.

If you can not set the order of the sound cards, you always have the
option of exiting /etc/pulse/client.conf and defining "default-sink
= " to the second sound card. I believe you can do that from
pavucontrol - in the dropdown by the sink devices. I noticed in F11
that they changed the way they display the sink/sources - they no
longer give the card name. When I get some time, I will write more
detailed instructions if you need them.

(Sorry for the long delay between posts - things have been busy!)
Mikkel
--
Yes, I'm a dirty old man ...
and I'll be one until I'm a DEAD old man!