Re: Pulseaudio config problem.

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 00:58:32 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I appreciate all the help you've given me but I haven't seen the
> light yet.

I gave you some bad information in my original post.  I thought it was
the manager that allowed me to turn devices off in pulseaudio.  It was
the PulseAudio Volume Control.

Applications -> Sound and Video -> PulseAudio Volume Control

First select the Output Devices tab and make sure the drop down in the
lower right corner is set to All output devices.
Then select the Configuration tab.  If you right click on the device you
want Pulse to ignore, at the bottom of the menu is an off selection.
Pulse won't know about that device if you turn it off.  If you want to
have pulse replace the default device in alsa you can do some scripting
in .asoundrc to make it happen (I won't go into it here), or you can
make sure that the device you want pulse to ignore is device 1.  The
default device in alsa is always device 0 unless you script it
differently.  In this case, pulse will use device 0 to play and you can
play using alsa with device 1.

But it sounds like you have another problem.  That all your sound
devices aren't being recognized.  Run the script at the link below.  It
will put a text file in /tmp/alsa-info.txt  with information about your
system.  If the card you want isn't in that file that means it is not
recognized by alsa and you will not be able to use it.  If it is a plug
in card, remove it and plug it back in just before you run the script.

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-driver.git;a=blob_plain;f=utils/alsa-info.sh