Re: Pulseaudio config problem.

On 24/08/09 21:50, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>> I am getting more confused now. How do I then tell PulseAudio to talk to alsa?
>>
> It is configured to do that by default. Your sound cards should be
> listed in the Output Devices tab of pavucontrol. It will not be
> listed as Alsa but it will show each output card Alsa knows about,
> as well as any network output streams you have set up. You will see
> the Alsa input cards on the Input Devices tab, as well as incoming
> network streams.

In the Output Devices tab of pavucontrol I only see "RTP Multicast Sink" and
"Internal Audio" and I don't know what they are. My output cards are Sound
Fusion CS46xx and VIA 8237 and the latter is not used, in fact it is
disabled in BIOS but a bug lets in stay enabled, so I need to be able to
specify CS46xx.

It's getting embarrassing. I still don't see how the various elements
interact: the hardware sound cards, Alsa, PulseAudio, and the media player.
I really don't think I ought to understand how they interact to get sound
out of my speakers. But I am completely lost. I don't know where to start
and where to end yet I am determined to find my way through the wilderness.

I appreciate all the help you've given me but I haven't seen the light yet.

--
Erik.