Re: How do I get totem + gstreamer-ffmpeg working?

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 19:15, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/25/2009 03:43 AM, Andre Costa wrote:

> I know Fedora can't be shipped with proprietary codecs -- and I do
> support the reasons behind this. But it does provide an "automatic
> retrieval" of such codecs (through PackageKit), this is the part that I
> referred to as broken (not necessarily due to PackageKit itself).

Yes, a package in RPM Fusion broke it. Note that the codecs are not
really proprietary. They are merely patent encumbered and also that
automatic retrieval won't work out of the box. You have to enable a
third party repo like RPM Fusion that provides the codecs.
Right, thks for correcting me. It's just that enabling RPMFusion feels pretty "natural" to me already, because I use their Nvidia drivers =)
Andre