Re: Unmatched Entries

On 14/08/09 01:04, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 13Aug2009 23:55, Erik P. Olsen <epodata@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> | In the Smartd section of Logwatch I get the following messages:
> |
> |  **Unmatched Entries**
> |  Problem creating device name scan list
> |  Device /dev/sda: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
> |  Device /dev/sdb: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
> |  Device /dev/sdc: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
> |  Device /dev/sdd: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
> |
> | What is it that these entries do not match?
>
> They don't match LogWatch's pattern matches. LogWatch parses your logs
> and summarises their content. To do that it must recognise each line
> and decide to ignore it or summarise it. Lines it doesn't recognise get
> reported explicitly as above because it doesn't know how to treat them.
> For safety it shows them to you.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks a lot. That led me to believe that the file used to recognise smartd
messages is /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/smartd which is a file
written in a language I am not familiar with. I wonder if there is an easier
and safer way to modify this file other than coding, perhaps by a file
somewhere in /etc/logwatch?

--
Erik.