Re: crashy desktop effects

Hi John,
On Thursday 13 August 2009 08:35 PM, Skunk Worx wrote:
On 08/13/2009 08:13 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
On Thursday 13 August 2009 07:12 PM, Skunk Worx wrote:
As nice as it looks, there are a lot of bug reports for ATI users--the
black screen issue and my log out issue--and I would like to take X back
to the point where no desktop effects are enabled.

How to do this?

I think the command is `metacity --replace'.

Thanks for the quick response. This command crashed the desktop and did
not get rid of the effects (still present on reboot).

Sorry about that, but that used to work for F10. With F11 I have switched to XFCE so maybe that is an F11 issue, if you have the time you should consider filing a bug report.

I did find some keys in the files below .gconf and .gconfd that seemed
compiz-related so I wiped those directories out of my home directory and
now my display is back to normal.

That's good. :)

--
Suvayu