Re: Unmatched Entries

On 08/13/2009 04:04 PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 13Aug2009 23:55, Erik P. Olsen<epodata@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
| In the Smartd section of Logwatch I get the following messages:
|
|  **Unmatched Entries**
|  Problem creating device name scan list
|  Device /dev/sda: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
|  Device /dev/sdb: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
|  Device /dev/sdc: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
|  Device /dev/sdd: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
|
| What is it that these entries do not match?

They don't match LogWatch's pattern matches. LogWatch parses your logs
and summarises their content. To do that it must recognise each line
and decide to ignore it or summarise it. Lines it doesn't recognise get
reported explicitly as above because it doesn't know how to treat them.
For safety it shows them to you.

Cheers,
is there a way to teach logwatch about these device nodes so the warning goes away?

curious, thx, jackc...

--
   jack craig
      jackc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx