Re: Damaged xterm in Fedora 10

> Reg Clemens wrote:
> > This has to be a well known problem, since it has occurred in both fc9 and
> > fc10.
> > When using XTERMS under the TWM window manager in fc9 and fc10 there is
> > garbage in the window, but my searches with GOOGLE have not turned up anything.
> >
> > If one opens one window, fine.
> > If one opens a second window that overlaps the first window fine.
> > But when one MOVES the top window, it takes with it blue and yellow lines from
> > where the edges of the underlying window were.
> >
> > Now a 'clear' will clean up most of these lines,- at least the lines in the
> > interior of the window, but it leaves the marks on the edges.
> > This should not be necessary.
> >
> > So, this appears to be more of an X11 problem than an actual Fedora problem,
> > any idea when its going to be fixed?
> > Or are there fixes out there (somewhere)?
> >
> > And yes, twm is an OLD window manager, but its light weight and works fine for
> > my applications.
> >

> Have you placed a bugzilla against twm,
> it's the best way to get the attention of the developers\maintaniers.

Well, I tried.
But first the bugzilla is at RedHat, which I find suspect.
And Second, I was bumped from one WEB window to another, in circles, but
never got to a place where I could actually POST a bug report.
After a while I just gave up, and posted the problem here.

Hopefully SOMEONE who can fix the problem reads this list.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@xxxxxxx