Re: system time shifts after reboot

Anoop wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Roberto Ragusa <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  /etc/localtime
> This was a soft link to '/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Kolkata' on my
> machine. Then I looked on another machine (Fedora 9), there
> '/etc/localtime' was itself the 'Kolkota' time zone file. I copied
> /etc/localtime from fedora 9 to my machine and it worked.
> I am still not sure what was the issue though.

Possible explanation:
when the system tried to read the hw clock and set the system clock,
it needed info about your timezone (because UTC=no) and tried to
read /etc/localtime, which was a symlink to /usr, which was not
mounted yet.

Do you have a separate /usr partition?

It seems reasonable to me.

Best regards.