Re: KDE 4.1.2 released... next new feature release will be Jan 09... F8 implications.

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 10:35:16AM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:06 AM, John W. Linville <linville@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 03:05:57PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> >
> >> konsole really suffered regressions
> >>
> >> this used to work real well
> >
> > No kidding -- is the fact that resizing one konsole resizes every
> > subsequent konsole still considered a design feature?  This is on
> > my list for 'dumbest decision ever'.  FWIW, by the time I learned
> > of this 'feature', the KDE developers had already made it clear in
> > their bugzilla that this was done by design.

> Maybe you need a demonstration with several other users that this use
> case is common. I don't use Konsole like this myself, but it sounds
> like a fair user of Konsole.

I use it that way too: I want a default window size for normal file
editing, but on occasion I want to look at some "wide" output or files,
but only want the resize to happen in that one console.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get kconsole windows to be restored
when KDE starts up, I get one konsole window at startup :-(

And then having tabs already open in the restored windows ...

-- Patrick Mansfield