Re: KDE 4.1.2 released... next new feature release will be Jan 09... F8 implications.

Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> In other words, F10, when it ships in October, is going to have the same
> KDE functionality that F9 has now, ie it is missing a lot of commonly
> needed desktop functionality.  An increase in KDE4 functionality won't
> occur until the KDE 4.2.0 release in January, if there isn't a schedule
> slip.

We've known this all along, this is not news to us. Well, except for your "it
is missing a lot of commonly needed desktop functionality" assertion which I
disagree with.

That said, we could be backporting some of the improvements from 4.2 if there
is demand. But we need to know WHAT features you are still missing. We can't
just ship the 4.2 alpha (though a 4.2 alpha or beta will probably become
available for F10 through kde-redhat unstable before the F8 EOL). If you come
up with a short, precise list of important missing features (please only the
really important ones, not "I noticed those 400 obscure missing features I
never actually use"), we're more likely to be able to make you happy.

        Kevin Kofler