Re: KDE 4.1.2 released... next new feature release will be Jan 09... F8 implications.

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 03:05:57PM -0700, Craig White wrote:

> konsole really suffered regressions
>
> this used to work real well

No kidding -- is the fact that resizing one konsole resizes every
subsequent konsole still considered a design feature?  This is on
my list for 'dumbest decision ever'.  FWIW, by the time I learned
of this 'feature', the KDE developers had already made it clear in
their bugzilla that this was done by design.

Sure, I appreciate the notion of "use the same resize code as every
other app", except that the usage model of konsole is quite different
from every other app.  You don't typically open (and close and open
some more) dozens of instances of other applications in one session
the way many people use konsoles.  And please don't mention tabs or
profiles -- tabs only work if you want everything the same size and
can accept limited tiling capabilities, and profiles only work if a)
you know exactly how you'll be using each konsole when you open it
and b) you only want every konsole using a given profile to be the
same size.  How can the konsole developers not see this?  To me,
this indicates that konsole is being developed by people who either
don't really use it or who use it differently than most everyone else.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant...

John
--
John W. Linville