Re: F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Gene Heskett wrote:

Then why, after installing about 10 or 12 packages all purported to be gstreamer related, can I not make it run & do something? I doesn't even show up in the kde menu's.

You didn't mention the packages. Gstreamer plugins won't show up in the menu. These are plumbing that applications such as media players take advantage of. Not something end user consumable.

Rahul