Re: Project Stick In The Mud :-)

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Joonas Sarajärvi <muepsj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Fedora is for a user who is interested in rapid progress or free software. It is
always in a state of change, even between the stable versions. If you explicitly
want a system that rarely changes, some other distribution might suit you a lot
better than Fedora. I think Fedora's current role in the free software community
is a very important one. It may not always be the easiest to use and keep using
due to the continuous change and the desire to strongly focus on free software,
but it is constantly exploring the limits of what can be achieved with
free software.
Sometimes a new design may require further use to get polished better, but
for some users this is exactly why they choose Fedora.

So basically Fedora is for people who *want* this kind of behavior, and not necessarily newbies.  OK.  Fair enough.

May be time to change my choice of OS, or just to keep using it and start bitching, because that seems to be what you guys are looking for.

--Russell