Re: Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

How, exactly, do I edit that file? Where do I find it??

Vennlig hilsen
Bjørn Ivar Johnsen

Den 10. aug.. 2008 kl. 22.00 skrev Mike Evans <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I had exactly this problem starting with Fedora Core 2, right up to 6.

Try going with the VESA driver initially. Just edit the xorg.conf. It will be slow, not support fancy graphics, but it got me going at least. The reason for my problem was an NVIDIA card made as a special for for Gateway. I tried various drivers from their legacy archives but without success. For most applications - and getting used to Linux - VESA is fine!

I recently bought a Shuttle PC with NVIDIA on-board graphics and the NVIDIA (not NV) driver has been fine and I'm using Fedora 8.

Mike

Bjørn Ivar Johnsen wrote:
Hello.
I have a serious problem with (all) Linux distributions included Fedora. After installing or use of live dvd, I cannot see anything but stripes on my screen. I have a pentium 4 with 1GB RAM and Nvidia card. I have tried to install the latest Nvidia driver, but to no help at all. I have tried many versions of Linux, and also both the i386 and the one for 64, but all with the same result!!! If anyone could help me with this problem, I would be wery pleased as I would wery much like to go from crappy winows xp to Linux!
Vennlig hilsen
Bjørn Ivar Johnsen