Re: I need help with Fedora

Tim wrote and  aakash sharma wrote:
<snip>

The live CD distros which I have used

1. DyneBolic (best distro for me)
2. Ubuntu (took hell lot of time to boot)
3. Gentoo (couldn't start GUI)
4. DSL (not as good as DyneBolic)

See guys, the problem with using LiveCD is that I can't save my data
and there is no customization.

That's not exactly true.  You can customise LiveCD systems, and you can
save data.

all livecds that i have used allow you to save customization and data to
a floppy, usb 'whatever', or to a hard drive

> But it's not exactly easy to do,

why not? i have always found it to be in 'main menu', usually in main
selection, sometimes as a sub selection and followed by very descriptive
windowed procedure.

My project needs simple basic structure of linux kernel.

which is???

But, as I am a newbie, I can't work on command line linux.

>That's not necessarily true, either. In some cases, it can be easier to
>use a command line, as you can cut and paste commands and output, use

then work with it. use a graphic desktop, what ever it be and then open
up terminals. it is very easy to have one term open for your cl, another
open for 'man', even a third watching what is happening with a 'dump',
'tail', 'top', 'tail', or what ever.

sure beats having to use 3 or 4 physical terminals as i have done many
times in early unix days. and a lot easier on neck and eyes.

plus with a desktop, you can use mouse pointer to drag and paste to
another terminal. something i could only wish for years ago.

all in all, a desktop is graphical, but it can be *very textual*.

If you want good advice, personalised to your needs, then you need to
provide good information.  Otherwise you're going to get advised in the
wrong direction, or asked more and more questions until you give the
information people need to be able to give you advice.

this is something that is going to take time and you will need to be
very patient in learning to do, as you will get some 'off color'
remarks.

above all, perseverance.

--

tc,hago.