Re: I need help with Fedora

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Sorry guys,
I was just trying to get him to make a decision on his own instead of asking for a handout.

apologies accepted here. tho my acceptance is not of most concern,
but of op.

I told him to create some swap space and try again. I don't think he has.

may be he has and just not replied. but as rahul stated, it is a good
way to turn off the new and return them to oos.

it is good to make suggestions, especially when adding to a reply by
someone who knows better than to not mention same. it is difficult to
think of all that is needed.

i well know how it is to add what one thinks to be important. it makes
you wonder if you are thinking in right direction.

i am still holding a thread from another list that op seems like she is
intentionally ignoring two of my suggestions that may well have cleared
her problem. maybe not. i do not know, but i do know i will not do to
my system what she, or someone else may, has done. both of my
suggestions would bring her back up, one quicker than other.

i replied to a post that had gone several days. maybe because it was
a 'newbie' looking for a 'hand out' or just really did not care to go
into detail that would be needed to solve problem so i replied in a way
that i hope will help him and any other 'newbie'.

op has not replied and there have not been any other replies. so maybe
there are others in agreement to what i replied and maybe op is still
doing as suggested. i do not know. what i do know is that if thread,
'How to control mount options on automounted devices ?' stays dead, i
will archive it and forget about it.

this is not meant as a belittlement towards you, just a hope that you
remember, a newbie is a newbie. we all were, some of us admit we still
are. i hope to always be. think how boring linux would be if it were
like msbsos.

later.

--

tc,hago.