Re: Special Character Problem

g wrote:
Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:
True, and I'm fortunate that this works for the command-line ftp.

go to know. means you can get in with out special terminal.

Now, do you have any secrets for making this work with GNOME's "Connect to Server" system so I can have the server mounted as a drive on my desktop?

i do not use gnome, so i can not say for sure. but there are tricks to try.

what does 'connect to server' run as far as any scripts go?
I have no idea; it may not actually run any scripts but have internal support for this functionality. I'll screw around with it some more and see what happens.

can you use 'nohup' with ftp, then go in with whatever.prog?

I've never even heard of nphup before so I can't answer that. :) But thanks nonetheless.
Raymond