Re: howto use curl to get Internet IP

Jim wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
It may be easy to do. I do it on a Speedstream all the time. ddclient does it with no problems. As long as the status page has something you can key on, and then whitespace between the key and the IP address.

use=fw, fw=192.168.0.1/, fw-skip='IP Address' # found after IP Address

Mikkel
I'm not all that well versed in Linux to know what your saying.
Could you please simplify that for me.

Thanks
Jim

This is what I use in ddclient.conf - it says to get the information from IP address 192.168.0.1 and to skip everything on the web page until it sees IP Address. The look for the IP address after that. This is for a Speedstream modem. For your router, you need to find what address URL you need to get the status page that shows your IP address. For example, you might need something like:

fw-login=admin, fw-password=cersi40, fw=192.168.1.1, fw-skip='IP Address'

Your config file has more then one config line, and is looking for the router on 172.16.0.1. I do not think that is the local IP address of your router. If you give us the URL for the status page of the router, and attach a text file created by using "save as text", we should be able to generate a proper config line for you.

Mikkel