Re: build initrd for qla2xxx firmware

Jeff Voskamp wrote:
Mark Haney wrote:

Which suggests that the firmware isn't being included in the initrd. There's code in the kernel module to upload the firmware. Unfortunately there's no nice way to determine what modules need what firmware so mkinitrd can't copy over the firmware. Have you tried "repacking" the initrd to include /lib/firmware/* as necessary?

I have tried that (and see a post I just submitted) but got nowhere. I don't know if I didn't do it right or what. But I've been unable to make this work.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support