Re: wireless WPA at boot time

Andrea wrote:
max bianco wrote:
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Andrea <mariofutire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike wrote:

I will reimplement exactly what I did in Fedora 7, but it strikes me that nobody cares about that and the big thing is the desktop integration in a
Windows-like manner.

Everyone has their own priorities.

I wonder how Fedora can be used in a server-environment? But I guess there the network is wired (or wireless WEP :-)
This idea of a user-mapped hardware devices is very much Windows-like.

How can I connect more than 1 user to the same machine if each user has its own network settings? I don't even need to be root to bring up the interface! That is the opposite of what Linux has been in the last 10 years.

But if this this is the price to pay to see more people using Linux, I guess I am ready to pay it (for the moment!)

Anyway, I might even try to contribute to /etc/init.d/network to improve the situation!
As soon as I find who/where is developed.

Andrea

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=initscripts.git;a=summary
bugzilla