Re: wireless WPA at boot time

Mike wrote:
Andrea <mariofutire <at> googlemail.com> writes:

What I do is to get my wpa_supplicant config working -
(/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant)
such that "service wpa_supplicant start" (as root) does work correctly.
Then set it to start at boot using "chkconfig wpa_supplicant on"

Next I use dhclient to get an ip address - test by doing dhclient wlan0 or equivalent - once it works then I add two lines to /etc/rc.local
/bin/sleep 2
/sbin/dhclient wlan0

I think you use an alternative to solve the same problem.
Why /etc/init.d/network has priority 10
while wpa-supplicant has priority 23?
This means that the network starts before wpa_supplicant ?!?!?!?!?!?
But anyway, /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-wireless does not support WPA...

I will reimplement exactly what I did in Fedora 7, but it strikes me that nobody cares about that and the big thing is the desktop integration in a Windows-like manner.

then it all works irrespective of the desktop and I don't need to worry about it
any more... works in KDE or GNOME...

HTH