wireless WPA at boot time

Hi,

I've just moved from Fedora 7 to Fedora 9 (full reinstall).
In Fedora 7 I modified the way the wpa tool works in orther to enable a wireless LAN with WPA at boot time.

It seems that here the situation is the same, but I would like to ask before I start touching everything.

If I want my Wireless LAN with WPA to be enabled at boot, what do I need to do? (say, e.g. I don't want to run KDE at all).

The problem is that "system-config-network" does not handle WPA, does it?
So I need to use the applet I find in the KDE toolbar, but this is only enabled in KDE and when I log off, back to text mode the network goes down.

In Fedora 7 I had to change:
1) service order of wpa_supplicant so that it starts before the network
2) "ifup-wireless" in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts to work properly with WPA

What do people do?

Andrea