Re: xfs_repair @ boot

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 16:47 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Did ext3 get the same corruption on your box however - that is really
> important to understand whether the problem is xfs or your box.

Hello, Alan!

Well, the corruption my HDDs underwent where on another machine...
Caused by frequent power loss. fsck took too long. This was one of the
many performance factors that made me change to xfs (after reading a
bit, of course)

I have a new, all-powerful, machine now. SATA II, AMD X2 processor, and
all kinds of cool stuff.

> You may also want barriers enabled if you are working with a box that
> keeps crashing (at least until you sort out why and fix the underlying
> crashes)

Anyway, what do you mean by "barriers"?

Oh, by the way, the crashes have stoped since I use evince... I'll just
wait for a firefox update and see if it gets fixed, else, file a bug...

--
Renich Bon Ciric
http://www.woralelandia.com/

# Facebook

# introbella (band)
http://www.introbella.com/

# Smolt uuid (pub_3e18efc2-dee4-459f-8d40-ddf489be817d)
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/?uuid=pub_3e18efc2-dee4-459f-8d40-ddf489be817d