Re: xfs_repair @ boot

Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
Hello, Fedorans!

Why doesn't:

[root@introdesk ~]# shutdown -Fr now

run xfs_repair instead of a check (I'm not shure if it runs xfs_check,
it just replays the journal).

How can I schedule a xfs_repair @ next boot?

Hello,

As you have noted, xfs tends to repair itself at mount time by replaying the journal.

xfs_check is a tool for fixing more serious low-level issues with xfs. xfs_check is not fsck.

Why do you think you need to run xfs_repair ?

In my experience, the only time xfs_repair has been required is when there have been hardware issues with the controller, storage driver, cabling, or with the physical drive.

Generally speaking, an xfs file system will heal itself without any user intervention, unless there are more sinister things at play.

Regards,

Dan