Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Da Rock wrote:

A more appropriate response would have been "if you want to do something
that is illegal in your country, use something else", and if unsure,
consult a local lawyer, not a bunch of loonies on the net who all profess
to be legal experts and think the entire world is governed by U.S law,
which thankfully, it aint!

Indeed! Here, here. Trouble is their law invariably gets enforced
elsewhere due to treaties, alliances, imposed restrictions where charity
is given, and other quasi-legal means. And I don't believe they've even
heard of the bill of human rights, let alone understand and believe in
it.

Yes the reciprocol BS may be a problem, it certainly is in Australia with regards to copyright and patent laws, however now we have a change in Govt, maybe they'll recind the FTA, or at least make it more fair for Australia where the current FTA favours the U.S substantially, but don't
despair, not all of it can be enforced, only some things, the complete US
DCMA (or whatever it is) is not enforcable, only some points are, just like
there would be some points of ours that are not enforcable there, so again
consult your lawyer, there have been several successful legal challenges, and there will I'm sure be many more :)

--
Cheers
Res

I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.