Re: low power tv

Tim wrote:

It sounds like you're keen, so you're going to be the first one to
invest time, effort and money.  If you're not willing, it's already dead
in the water.  You'll have to convince your town to put in the
equipment, even if they don't have to pay for doing so.  Then you'll
have to start generating interest.  You'll get a few friends involved,
and some will go away after a little while.  You'll get a few strangers
involved, and you'll wish you'd never met them.  And somewhere along the
line you'll have to fight off someone who wants to take over and screw
it all up.

You need the same approval from the town as any other low power wireless router, which is to say NONE. You can buy one of these, put the antenna on your roof, and no one has a right to tell you no (unless you cause interference).

I don't know what level of access control this has, but I doubt that anyone can "take it over" in any case. They might create a competing network, but the network which was there first can probably complain about interference if someone else deliberately does so.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>