Re: F8 update kills KDE

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 10:27 -0400, David Boles wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 20:23 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >
> > I don't know if it's actually *possible* to install Fedora without
> > Gnome, but I take your point.
>

> You can install Fedora and chose to not install the GNOME desktop. Since GNOME
> is the default you have to actively chose *not* to install it. You have to
> uncheck the box.
>

> > Fair enough. My original post was in answer to a question about whether
> > KDE was a "second-class citizen" in Fedora, which is why I didn't
> > mention other desktops, but of course the same comments apply to them as
> > well.
>

> Fedora has a very active team that works on KDE. Calling KDE "a "second-class
> citizen" in Fedora" would hurt their feeling I would think.  ;-)

Well we can't have that can we :-) Seriously though, I don't doubt the
efforts put into KDE by Fedora people. My comment (yet again ...) is
that many people on this list, and at least some of those responsable
for the Fedora docs, simply assume that the desktop is Gnome. In fact
we've even had examples today of "select whatever" or "click on xxx"
without the qualifying "under Gnome". If anyone said "select whatever"
or "click on xxx" where whatever and xxx were KDE features, and didn't
mention KDE explicitly, we'd hear all about it.

That's all.

poc