Re: low power tv

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 00:52 -0500, Tom Poe wrote:
> g wrote:
> > things just got interesting. part 15.247 does not really apply as i would have
> > expected it to be.
> >
> > from what i have found so far, i can see that there is more to find and read.
> >
> > from what i have found and read, i will say this, go for it.
> >
> > as long as what ever system you use is within guide lines of part 15, you
> > should be safe.
> >
> > i do recommend that you get full part 15 and read thru it to be familiar with
> > what you are dealing with.
> >
> > in using such low power, you will be limited to near 'line of sight' coverage
> > and you may get some degrading due to terrain, buildings and such.
> >
> > over all, your intent of use may be satisfied with results you want. as was
> > said, $80 is not much to spend on such equipment.
> >

> > - --
> >
> > tc,hago.

> > .
> >
> There's lots of activity when I type keywords, video conference distance
> learning, but nothing at the no budget level, yet.  Seems like there's
> going to be a server/client network description someplace.
Tom, Check out Wonderland from Sun Microsystems. It runs under Java,
provides a 3D world builder and get this, it'll run X11 apps within. I'm
having problems getting the darn thing to connect as it uses inet6 but
others have done it. It might be worth looking into.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar