Re: What will happen? Linux software raid autodetecting on an old array...

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 11:54:55PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I think it will pick one of each of the mdN devices and ignore the other.
> It won't eat data unless the mismatched disks have matching UUIDs which is
> unlikely unless you image-copied them or had synced with the other set in
> the past.  If you want it to ignore the new set until you reconfigure it,
> fdisk the partition types to something other than FD so it won't autodetect
> at boot up.

Okay, thanks. Any suggestions on how to reconfigure it to use higher numbers
on the fly without losing data? I'd like the old md0/md1 to end up as
md2/md3.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>